Monday 30 May 2011

The entertainment capital of the world!

Day 2 - we went to Universal studios in Los Angeles and it was an incredible experience! So amazing to think that we were at the workplace of so many American celebrities where so many amazing movies have been produced by Universal pictures! 



For movie buffs like Tim and I (mainly Tim!) this was like a dream come true!




We managed to see everything that Universal had to offer, first of all, going on a tour of the lower lots where we go to see the sets from some great movies including: King Kong (in 3D of course!), Psycho, The Grinch, War of the Worlds, Fast and Furious, Back to the Future and Wisteria Lane from Desperate Housewives and so many more! It was absolutely fantastic!



For those of you that know me well know I absolutely HATE rides! Tim managed to pull me on a few ( I didn't go willingly) including the virtual Simpson's roller coaster (thank goodness it's not a real one or else he would have gone alone!) and also a Jurassic Park ride, which Tim failed to advise that it got us soaking wet and had a MASSIVE drop at the end... I heard this really deep groan kind of resembling half man, half beast while heading down this huge drop, only to realise it was me! Rides and I do not play nice!



Tim and I paid to have a caricature drawn up of us, Tim reckons that his caricature is better looking than he is and for some reason I look Mexican! I guess this little chameleon is really adapting to her surroundings!

That night, Greg  cooked up this amazing feast and we enjoyed the company of my wonderful family and their friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment