Friday 10 June 2011

Return to the "Rocky" home state!

Well we have finally made our way to my amazing home state of Colorado! Tim was introduced to the snow cap Rocky Mountains during our descent into Denver International Airport!

We stayed with my cousin Janine, her husband Jon and their gorgeous two kiddies Sophia and Faris in their lovely suburban home in Golden Colorado for a couple of nights! They made us feel extremely welcome in their home!
On our second day in Denver Tim and I went on the ultimate search for snow, driving about 46 miles (74 kms) west towards to mountains in search of snow. We are informed by the locals that Colorado got a lot of snow this year, so usually this time of year the snow is long gone by now, considering the temps have been in the mid to high 80's Fahrenheit, (mid to high 20's C). We were lucky, as my lovely husband Tim has never seen snow before! We managed to find some snow, and he had a chance to walk in it, touch it and being the lovely, kind wife that I am - he could throw a LITTLE bit at me... I told him that if he threw a big ball of snow at me... he would surely pay!!!!

We are spending the last two nights in Denver with my cousin Eric, a classic bachelor with a lovely 2 storey town house in downtown Denver. On our second day he took us on a tour of the beautiful city of Denver to take in the sights and sounds of the city! We managed to do a little retail therapy and would you believe, Tim bought more than me! Eric and I treated ourselves to a pedicure and a Starbucks, while my alpha male husband sat patiently at the entry reading a trashy American gossip mag and picked up the bill! What a lovely sugar daddy!!! Seriously, can't get much better than this!!

To finish off the days events, I caught up with some of my other family, the Conleys at Coors Field in downtown Denver to watch the Colorado Rockies beat the LA Dodgers 6 to 5 in a baseball game! Had a great time in the atmosphere alone, didn't have a clue what was going on (Tim picked it up!) but enjoyed being there with some of my most favourites! After the game finished, it started pouring with rain, we decided to embrace it and walk a few blocks up to catch a cab back to Eric's house, soaking wet by the time we got into the cab but well worth it! When in Rome.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment